Grown up christmas list.

'Well I'm all grown up now, can you still help somehow?
I'm not a child but my heart still can dream. So here's my life long wish, my grown up christmas list;'

So as usual my posts just before christmas are always the same, but I feel the need to write these thoughts and hopes and wishes over and over again, because there's more of a chance of getting through.

While everyone is sitting at home, watching the flashing lights from outside their windows, or the reflection from the christmas tree, listening to the kids sing deck the halls over and over again until you want to scream. Christmas feasts sit in full bellies, laughter still flows through the house, Presents lie under the tree, gifts that may mean something at the time, but eventually not even the boxes will be needed. Paper would be strewn about the house, the in laws have gone home, the stockings put away, lights packed up, the shiny blinking relflecting baubles will no longer grace your lounge room for another year & you look forward to when that does happen.

   But what some people won't stop to think about, what they simply can't seem to wrap their heads around, that thing that doesn't get spoken about at most dinner tables or at parties. That one conversation you'll never imagine you'll have. But someone's family is.

A family might have christmas lights, presents laying under a beautiful tree, stockings hung over the fireplace, christmas feasts, but sometimes the one thing they need the most can't be where it's meant to be, a spare chair at a full dinner table, one less present, a photo on a mantle...

This christmas a mother will be told their child won't be home for christmas, a sister told they'll never see their sibling anymore, a partner will be told their better half is hurt. There will not be any joy, laughter, or happiness in most of these situations all that will remain about the ideals of christmas will be the shining lights, the presents under the tree.
    A family will be eating dinner with one less family member, a chair left adjacent. Someone will be sitting with a child, teenager, adult, mother, father, god parent, sister, brother, cousin, best friend, partner, in place only the living go to on occasions such as these.

'Everyone would have a friend, that right would always win. And love would never end.'
I know this post seems dreary and sad, but the point I want made is that I don't want to see that sadness, and loss in my friends, or family. I want my friends, their friends and families, as well as my family, family friends and family's family to be safe this christmas. By safe I don't mean not doing anything, stay wrapped up in doors, no fun. I want you all to have a blast of a christmas, but I would really like you to remember that everyone needs to be thankful this year and every year to come, to tell your friends and loved ones how much you care, hug them a little tighter, a little longer. Plead with them to drive safe, to contact you when they do arrive at the destination. And hope that those who cannot hug someone dear that they aren't alone. Because we all suffer grief at one point in our lives, but some feel it worse than others, so we who have not experienced that kind of sadness embrace what you have.

Who cares what you got for christmas? Who cares how much you ate, or how long you stayed in the sun for. What should matter every christmas is the time spent and shared with the ones you care for most.

'No more lives torn apart, and wars would never start. And time could heal all hearts'

My dearest friends, I love you. You are all so wonderful, words cannot begin to express how you have touched or changed my life for the better. I am so greatful for friends such as you.

 And to my wonderful family, Of course much love to you all! But to my extended family even though we don't often see much of one another, I think of you often. Wishing all the best happiness in world. P.S Welcome to the world Baby Xavier Thomas born just yesterday (20-12-12) my 2nd baby cousin on another side of my family. Congratulations to my cousin Charlotte and Trysten who I consider you my cousin as well.


Last but not least I leave you with Michael Buble'- Grown up Christmas list.

Drive safe, travel safe and most of all tell those around you how much you care.
 Love to all
Xx

Comments