Positive selves.

'Do not fear mistakes. You will know failure. Continue to reach out.' - Benjamin Franklin

I have had quite a bit of time to blog recently, and will hopefully continue to keep 'spilling my guts' over anything and everything I am thinking of at a present time.

 One thing I can't help thinking of is why is it the some people are strong in most areas, but withdrawn, anxious or scared in different situations?
  What makes a person strong? Is it faith in others? In themselves? Knowing what he/she is doing? confidence? Luck?

I work in admin at one of my jobs & it consists of talking to parents, hearing concerns, answering questions, trying to help in anyway I can. That is not a concern to me at all anymore! To be honest it terrified me to begin with because I thought I'd screw it all up, but after a few runs and now 2 years on.. *FYI I'm so shocked that its been 2 years already! but I am truly blessed to have that opportunity!*

Yet for all of time I have been singing, when it comes to singing on my own I still want to throw up. Then hear that I look relaxed and happy!
 
You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.' - Eleanor Roosevelt

When it comes to new situations I either fall in heap of anxious mess or somehow get out alive. But how on earth do I know which ones going to be which!
And that's just they way I'm made.

Fake it til you make it... Easier said than done. Two sentences said quite a lot. How long does one fake it? can everyone see? what about your close friends will they know?

'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.' - Helen Keller

When does the real you show?
I think the real me shows when others notice how terrified I am in a situation, and the confidence I feel I'm showing from within.

Everyone likes a good compliment here and there, but how many times do you actually sit back and absorb the compliment? Every time they say something? What about even second or third time? Ever?
   Well how about listening to one or two? because it may just change your perspective.

It sure changed mine.

So the next time you hear a compliment towards you, first of all actually listen to it. Maybe even share it with someone, try taking it in, and then maybe you might feel a spark of strength or courage or even the tiniest speck of confidence when you try that new experience again.

As for me, I'm learning to stand on my own two clumsy feet.

'Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love.' - Lao Tzu

Positive vibes everyone.

Xx

Comments