Judgemental friends, no longer a matter of opinion.

A few weeks ago my graduation certificate arrived in the mail. That's right. I Graduated.
   Naturally I was pleased at this, I post it everywhere I can: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, I even emailed and pictured messaged it to family & friends. I was happy that I had finally received that piece of paper.
    But after feeling excited & happy someone stuck their nose in it and ruined it. "Wouldn't it have been better if you got it when you were supposed to?"
 Yeah it probably would've been nice to graduate with my class, maybe I might have gone to my grad ceremony. But I didn't. Because I wasn't as good as you were apparently...

Fact is I wasn't annoyed at the fact that I didn't pass, I was annoyed at the idea that because I didn't finish at the same time as my classmates or that I wasn't as successful in a way that they are, gave the idea that I was less successful because I simply didn't pass when everyone else did.

I failed one class out of many. Not because I couldn't be bothered turning up to class, not because I didn't do any assessments. I failed because I struggled to learn what I was supposed to, I got so stressed it made me sick, I tried so hard but couldn't get a grasp on it.

  If I had simply given in, thrown in towel such to speak, I'm sure you would have more to say, more to judge. But going back is seen as weak too? Really?

To me weak would've been dropping out and never achieving anything. To me strength was going back, putting all those silly 'I can't do this' 'I want out' nonesense out of the equation (most of the time). I faced my fears. I tried better than I ever had, and I worked my butt off. It wasn't easy in anyway, I had to actually ask for help, demand for help and give it everything.

 Surprise surprise? I passed. So I will not apologise for being second best in your eyes. Just because I didn't get it the first time, I didn't pass for you. I did it for me. Nothing I ever do will be good enough for you, but I don't care, because regardless of how long it took or how hard I had to work or how frustrated, upset, stressed I got. I am proof: That If you think you can do something, You can. Never give up on you. And if someone gives up on you? Then maybe you should question why you value or should you value their options.



My Proof.


Xx

Comments