Life's too short to be miserable.

Lately I've had a few issues with this blog regarding what I may post.
These posts are for mostly pleasant. But those that aren't are vents designed to clear my soul, mind, chakra whatever. They were for me, its how I move on, let go, accept, forget, forgive whatever.

But First and for most I must re-iterate something I wrote in one of the first posts.

 If you don't agree, or like what I write down, and that is ok of course, freedom of speech and all that.. Please don't keep reading, or commenting because you will probably never like or enjoy anything I write from here on end. And I would rather not have to deal with any nonsense.
    And of course if you do like my blog, and what I've written and what I will write, thank you, I really appreciate the kind words, and the support. Thank you.
Well now that's all said back to the reason of writing just this. Being miserable is never a feeling I experience often or for very long at all. I have always tried to live on the happier side of life, with what I do, who my friends are, everything is based on happy, so when something hits me like a tonne of bricks, I do the same thing every girl does after something distressing happens;


we bitch to our friends, we cry, we binge, we drink, we yell, we cry some more, we eat countless amounts of junk, then feel bad so we excerise, go out with the girls, eat healthier again, we cry.

But this time because something funny happened. Its then we all eventually realise in that moment is that no matter what happened previously, but you know in that moment that you'll be ok. And you are, after everyone of these moments it gets easier. We move on.

Most people can dwell for weeks, months even years. But not this girl.
Unhappiness is the worst feeling in the entire world, so when it happens to me, I've noticed I get annoyed at myself after a few days to a couple of weeks. I can't stand to be around myself, so I guess if your stuck with yourself permantely
you tend to get over things a lot quicker.

And something I really hadn't noticed it often or paid enough attention was this:

There are more things to be thankful about than there are to be miserable about.

The beginning of this year was wonderful for my entire family, a cousin was enjoying marriage bliss, her sister was and is preparing to get married this year, most have great jobs, amazing partners, wonderful life.

 A cousin had to face the reality of single motherhood, and a spiteful husband. Another who fought cervical cancer and won a few years ago, and after years of coming to the idea of not having children, months and months of surgeries to try to fix what had been affected. Steph and her fiance' had made a baby! It was litterally a miracle! Steph quit smoking too!

My dad came home about a week later and his friends of more than 30 years, the friends who are my brother and I's Aunt and uncle had been given the news,
"It's breast cancer, it might be in your throat, and in your stomach, and the pills won't work this time around."

In febuary my cousin was glowing and happy, proud as punch grandma wanted to tell everyone the great news! My Aunt started chemo, she did ok, not well but ok.

March? Well What did happen in March? I was asked to housesit.. well dog sit princess JoJo for the long weekend, I went to collect the keys and get the details about where the dogs dry food was etc...

My aunt answers the door in tears.
The only things that ran through my head was Steph. Winnie. Baby. Please no. But it was, the miricle had now turned into a nightmare. My cousin and her fiance' were advised to terminate.

Aunty Marg had had round two and was doing slightly better than the first time. And was now waiting on a mastectomy. As of late the third round has not. She can't have the mastectomy until she's strong again.

Me moping around the house eating chocolate, and feeling sorry for myself. What a joke! that was the last straw.

 I knew I was ok.

Instead of blocking out the sun and hiding, I embraced it again, I laughed, I smiled, I got back to the happy me. The real me.
 Because I have everything to be happy about! I have a great job, and a good fall back job, I have great friends, fantastic family, amazing life! There are worse things in life, than being miserable.

So If you feel unhappy, or stressed out at work, had a fight with a sibling or loved one. Please take a moment to think. Of all those that may be a lot worse off. So hug your family more, tell them and your friends how much you love them, take in the sunshine!

Enjoy the most wonderful things in life! The simplest things, a child's smile, a butterfly, when a complete stranger decides to pay for the groceries the customer in front of him who was $2 short of buying an essential product, without anything in return.

We should be more happier, because What do we have to frown about?

Xx

Comments