For my friends. I love you.

I truly love my friends. No lies. No regret. Just honestly love my friends. Fact.

Everyday there will be someone hurting. Everyday there will be someone attempting to get by. Everyday people are taken. From mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, friends.

 Just this long weekend a family including two preschoolers were lost, a 14 year old boy stole a car to take his drunken friends on a cruise & killed his friend, possibly a few more.

But even closer to home five people made a terrible mistake, and sadly a talented, bright, beautiful 16 year old girl has died, a 19 year old boy is fighting for his life.

These kids went to our primary schools, our high schools, we work with them, we see them everyday, we haven't spoken to them in a while but still have close feelings towards them, we consider them friends, family.
    Sadly I don't know these kids, but I've seen the effects its had on some of my friends. And its scary thinking what would happen if I lost a friend or family in such a sudden way? That would be the absolute worst or if my friends had to deal and come to terms with my death (which I'd like to be when I'm 100, with a million grandchildren... Don't we all?)

Death makes everything seem so trivial. Life isn't so complex anymore. All things are scrutinised, and the "bigger picture" is right in front of you. 
  But most of all Death brings perspective and sometimes even fear.
 No one knows if they'll see their friend later, or they'll get home ok, or whether or not you told your friends how much they mean to you.

Its times just like this tragic story that make you think "did I tell my friends I love them today?" "have I told my friend that I think she's stunning?" I never want my friends to have to wonder that.
 

  I am not a religious person but I thank god everyday for my wonderful, talented, beautiful, amazing, gifted, spectacular friends.
Friends are a reflection of you... Well I hope so my friends are the best!
   Everyday I'm going to tell my friends I love them & whenever it is needed I'm going to tell my friends how grateful I am for their friendship & that I think they are amazing in every way.
   It may seem annoying or clingy.
But Fact of the matter is you never know when you'll see them next or speak to them next. It could be your last.

So this Post is for my friends. My dear dear friends, you shape my entire life and I'd be lost without you. Your beautiful, individual natures are the greatest gift you could give anyone.
  And I am so thankful that I can call you my friends, my family.
  I love you. You are amazing in every way you beautiful, kindhearted people. Thankyou.

Rest in peace Ebony Dunsworth. Another young person taken too soon.

XX

Comments