I set fire to rain.

I'm just done.
For once I'm saying something, that I'm actually going to try with everything to stick to.
 
  I'm done with boys......

Temporarily of course!!

Because over the last few months, being single has been slightly easier... But insanely harder too.
 When did mind games become the norm?  And why do people have the idea to use people? But mostly;
Has it ever been ok to be a good person 70 per cent of the time, but then just let someone down 30 per cent of the time walking all over someone?
   I'm over being all in, but getting nothing.

I'm not saying I'm perfect, or I'm a great person... No one is.
 But what happens to people after they get treated horribly, whether coming out of a bad relationship or just some shocking dates? They turn cold. They give up. They become EXACTLY like what they were treated like.
  And that isn't me.

My friends say I am too nice. Someone tells me to jump, I ask how high.
 But I've never been bought any other way. If someone needs something, without almost no hesitation I'll help out.
  Its just who I am.

The other night while I was attending a friends 21st, a friend... a guy messaged me and asked me to come pick him up because he didn't want to be there, naturally I said I was on my way.
 Now sure anyone that asks me to come get them, I will do it. Because no one should be stuck somewhere they don't feel comfortable or safe.
   But clearly this guy was a bit more than a friend. He has a really great personality a majority of the time. But then out of nowhere... He becomes someone I don't want to be around.
 So I leave the party to go get him (trusty friend in tow for back-up purposes) only to literally as my friend and I are 2mins away we get a message saying "Lol jokes I'm out with ma boys" *He'd waited over 30mins between asking to get picked up/us leaving to get him to message that*
  Then thought that if he pulled the 'I'm lonely, I don't want to sleep alone card' He'd get what he wanted. That was beyond the last straw.

I hate sleeping alone most of the time. What single girl doesn't? but that night I was prepared to do exactly that. It was the worst sleep I've had in a while. Realising you've been fooled and used again will do that to a person.

 But instead of becoming heartless and cold, I've decided that if someone wants me so bad. They can learn to work for it. because I can't keep putting all of my time and effort, and getting nothing. It just isn't worth it anymore.

My decent guy is out there... Somewhere. And when he turns up it will be amazing.
 I have to persevere with "Patience is a virtue"

Maybe a break will do me the greatest good. It will be hard. But anythings better than the way I felt on Saturday night..

Xx

Comments