Ponderings

There's so much for myself to be proud in what I've achieved in such a small amount of time.
 If I had thought 10 years ago, I would be working for an amazing organization after performing with them for half my life, and not just in one state.. or country, I would've told you that wasn't going to happen... mind you at 10 years old I wanted to be an astronaut, nurse, vet, scientist.... Heck 10 years ago I wanted to be a loonie tune!!


But honestly now that I'm here working for this organization, I find myself remembering what I want in life.
I want to be that person that inspires children to grow, to learn. I want someone to look up to me & inspire to be me one day as I want look up to someone else that inspires me.

 Some teachers don't know how inspiring they really are! They see so many grow, and learn. But then there's lesson plans, and parent teacher interviews, homework and assignments to mark that its hard to remember you inspire people. I want to inspire.

Kids learn how to walk, talk, sing, dance, love usually all on their own, that's amazing! But for a teacher to help them grow, that's the amazing part.

The most inspiring ones stay with you forever, to help you grow forever. Performing with my choir was the best thing I have ever done in my entire life. I stayed so long because I wanted the feeling of acheivement to stay with me as long as possible. My conductors saw me grow and succeed. They inspired me to do great things. In the end it wasn't about how many solo's I'd had during my time there. It was the sound I heard when I was singing with such a big group, my voice was different when I was with them, the black woman in me came out singing with them. I was different with them.
 Now that I work for the organization I see those few that are already starting to look up and be inspired by someone and they are much younger than I was. I just hope and pray that they keep getting inspired. Children are the future. We need to keep inspiring.

Comments