Change the voices in your head.

Today at tafe I was asked why I picked something difficult for an important assessment worth 40% of my mark at the end of the year.

 My responce: To challenge myself. Truth was it wasn't just to 'challenge' it was to prove to myself that I am capable, and I can do it if I try with everything I have. I need to prove it to me and only me, but I always get the feeling that I have to prove it to other people. Its time that stopped.

My parents want only the best for me, but when is it time for them to let me go? I'm 20 years old and they still worry.
But sometimes I wish they'd just back off especially my mum, sure want the best for me. But let me fail, succeed, win or lose. Just be there when I need you. Not nag me at every second of the day about me failing again.


Its my turn to want the best for myself. To succeed. I need this. So the reason why I picked difficult? I can do this, but I need to convince myself of that. Sure it's going to come to a point that I will need help. Lots of help. I know that because I shouldn't be too proud to ask.
 I can do this.


I'm going to fight with everything in my power to get this, so when it gets closer to the time its due...


 I apologise in advance if I spend most of my free time studying & learning... If i'm not there as much as you'd like.
But its that point that I made earlier, I need to prove to myself that I can look at this difficult assignment and know what I'm doing, to be confident in every choice I have made. Compared to some of my friends Tafe isn't that hard.
Compared to what they are studying sure, Uni is a bitch if you are studying a difficult topic...
 But please, don't think that because I don't go all day everyday, I study music not science or law or medicine or some other hard subject, I'm not working as hard, or studying as hard or trying as hard as you might be. Tafe isn't a walk in the park. University just sounds more important, but in truth they are equal.


Everyone's fighting to get by.


I'm fighting for much more...

Comments