Answers aren't always what you want to hear.

Last week a mentor of mine asked me what I wanted from life and people,
 Its that age old question which mirrors where will you be in 5 or 10 years... (alive? rich? famous? crazy cat lady?) how on earth do you answer a question like that, without wanting to take the piss?
  But Jane was completely serious, at 44 she had almost what she had ever wanted in life. A wonderful husband, beautiful and talented children, and a successful job which she adored.
 Myself at 20? Well let's see.. What I wanted from life?
Great, successful job; I can make a good coffee, but its been getting old for a long time, so I'm trying out 'check out chick'.
To be half way to becoming a teacher.. Not even close :S
 Definitely don't want to be married right now with children... So that's one.I have a few amazingly wonderful friends.. Two.
 I want another tattoo... but you know probably won't get them..
 I still don't have my pony *regardless of how many times I've asked my parents for one on my birthday : P ha ha (nuts).

She really got me thinking though.
   What do I want from life? and why do I want it so much?
I've never wanted to be rich, unless it means I could make a difference to this world. Money can never buy happiness to those who have it.
  A great job? well only if there were amazing people to work with, I wouldn't be happier. Hence the job change.. yet again.
Teaching is all I've wanted to do for a long time now. I want to inspire those around me. I want kids to say that's who I want to be like when I grow up.
  From people?
I want honesty
 People that don't judge my fears.. which is quite a list!!
Someone who will disagree with me when I doubt myself
  An unimaginable love that never stops or goes away.
I want someone who's not afraid to hold my hand for no reason whatsoever.
I want people to be them, not someone they aren't.
 I want to be respected, admired, looked up to.
I want to be loved. For no reason, or every reason in the world.

I want my brother to be everything and more.
I want my friends to be happy, healthy, safe.
I want my friends to remain that way for a very long time.
  It was only when I went home home that my thoughts went deeper..
Life isn't just about me. Life includes everyone. My wants will never be exactly what I want in life, with life.
  I want it to be enough with 'I'm lucky because I live in a modern country where there is plenty of food, clean water, proper housing atc' Life isn't so grand trying to survive with no clean drinking water, limited food supplies, and no houses to live in.
I want life to be even for everyone, but that's something I'll never see. Life needs major help, and someone wonderfully, amazingly god-like.
  I want the world to look past Autism and every other disability and treat everyone the same.

What I want out of life?
What a difficult question??!?

Comments