Why do we have to keep signing contracts.

So the other day I received an email from my employer stating the due to some social networking sites being all over the news...(I've heard nothing) we have a new contract to sign as part of our duties.
 That would not sound strange to anyone really I mean its just a contract right? Wrong. Before I worked FOR them I was WITH the organisation so clearly I made friends that will last me a lifetime! Friends I saw once a week EVERY WEEK. Sometimes even If I could make it to some extra requirements. Some friends from interstate I only saw once a YEAR for a week.. an intense week EVERY YEAR. Some of these people are my closest friends. Some are new friends some are old. People added me on Facebook because it's our only way on contact in some cases, and now that I'm not associated with them but working for them there's a whole new set of rules. I'm not to have any contact with my FRIENDS on any social site at any point of my employment or face termination of my contract.


I love seeing what they post on Facebook, what they do, what they are up to, how they are going. Some contact me for advise or reassurance about something ANYTHING! Not having them seems wrong. VERY WRONG. It feels like my own children are getting taken away from me. (Not that I know what that feels like) but It makes me feel as if my hearts being ripped out, the brain is in meltdown. I know its not forever, and its only until the end of the year when I finish up my employment.. Depending on if they want me to work for them still or not... But Some people I won't be able to talk to for a very long time, if they are still associated with my employer. THIS SUCKS! I'm so angry and confused. And I'm scared that if I try to take the matter up with my boss, it won't end in my favour... :(

Comments