Bullying Is NOT OK.

Tonight while reading the paper I happened to read a newspaper article supposedly about the whole 'Richard Vs Casey Bullying video'
  In this article there's two pictures: One of 12yr old Richard and 16yr old Casey. The other was a note written by Richard apologising for hitting Casey and he thought that If he apologised and shook this boys hand all the mess would stop. At that I teared up, I can admit that. But what the article was about was a FRIGGIN' JOKE. Channel 7 and Channel 9 are arguing about story rights... WHAT???!? Clearly who used what footage SHOULDN'T MATTER. When will the media ever learn that there's actually more important things about this story than who stole footage. The Herald sun should be ashamed of themselves!!!
 
  Casey was harassed, beaten, and ridiculed to the point where he snapped first hitting his bully (Richard), but picking him up and SLAMMING his HEAD into the concrete. Which was all filmed and leaked onto the Internet. When did that ever become ok? When did violence ever become heroic or revengeful?
 
  Sure when I was bullied, all I wanted to do was get back at the aggressors, put them back in their places, anything to make them stop. But instead I missed 3/4's of year 7 and about 1/3 of year 8 faking 'sick' I hated them. I hated me. But I never went out of my way to 'teach them a lesson' I simply moved class and made some real friends. Most people do that.
  I don't see why Casey should be labelled a hero. That's no hero. That is a scared kid who reacted in a way that was not ok. It wasn't ok. He slammed a boy's head into concrete, yes he was defending himself, yes the bully was pushing it, but no way did he deserve to have his head slammed into concrete... When this video was shown on the news, I almost threw up watching that kid, that 12yr old kids head hitting the ground, how lifeless he looked, his body bounced off the ground!! NOT OK.

Casey deserved the suspension for that sickening revenge attack, he didn't deserve the teasing or the punching by Richard.
 Richard in turn also deserved the suspension for bulling, I'm not arguing that. What he didn't deserve were the death threats, abusive phone calls to his house, Being blacklisted as a punk in the media, and he definitely did not deserve having his head smashed into concrete.

Who cares If Casey walked away after he did what he did, it was too far. Too far.

On that note I'm soooo sleepy... Goodnight Xx

Comments