I'm not perfect. Sorry you didn't get the memo.

Why is it when someone makes a mistake, or screws up there are people quick to jump on the 'I'm going to rub it in' bandwagon?

I'm not perfect: I wasn't born that way, and (if) god exists he didn't create anyone that way. Regardless of how much you think someone is close to perfection, have another look. Look deeper.
 Everyone makes mistakes, some just happen to have more than others, sometimes its not their fault, sometimes it is. Some are unlucky.
 But once someone stuffs up, others cling to it to make them feel better about themselves. Last year I struggled through Tafe, it was my own stupidity. I let things get bad, and I didn't exactly motivate myself to change it. I should've left and gotten some perspective.
I didn't because I was too proud and too stubborn

Music is everything to me. I wouldn't want to lose it for anything, its who I am and what I am. But by about mid year, studying constantly, being more about what was on paper more than what you had right in front of you. I lost sight of everything. I didn't feel like me anymore, the one thing I adore so much was now my worst nightmare.
  It wasn't fun anymore, it was a chore, I just wanted out before I stopped listening to who I was, what flows through me all day everyday and hated it.
I ended up scraping through almost every class, but there was always going to be those couple of classes that would be the death of you, trying to just hit 50%. I failed two subjects. Two out of 10. One of these classes btw I had a percentage of 48% which was quickly fixed up, with a voice test.
  The other subject, I sucked at it. I always have, theory was never easy for me. So to hear I had to come back and start the subject all over again, it hurt like hell.

Then to have digs thrown around about my failure? Yeah like that made me feel so much better IDIOT! If it was to make you feel better, to help you sleep at night? You need your head examined.
 It was not my intention to fall behind in my work, to constantly try my absolute best to be knocked back down again, It's exhausting! Hearing someone throw it back in my face and make smart arse comments, doesn't help. It hurts. I'm glad this shits 'easy for you' but maybe its actually difficult for others.

After A LOT of contemplation, and many talks with the close friends I realised just how much I wanted it. So I went back, and you know what? I'm understanding more, I can focus, it's a great change!
 But I still hear those people feeling sorry for me, or making annoying remarks, and it still drives me nuts, it still hurts. No one wants to hear someone comment on your mistakes unless people are being supportive and not rude.

I don't need you to remind me that I messed up. Because I didn't need your comments then, and I don't need them now.
 Go bug someone else for your 'Perfection'.
 
Xx

Comments

  1. If my now 4 years at Uni have taught me anything, it's that everyone goes through education differently. You have to want something to do it and you have to really be passionate to stick at it. The fact that you went back to finish proves that you want to be there, that you love what you do. Your a smart and amazing person and anyone that thinks otherwise should take a long hard look at themselves, because to do what you have done takes guts, determination and above all proves beyond a doubt, that no matter what happens, you will get the things you want in life regardless of the trials and tribulations that may get in your way.

    :) xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment